WhatsApp is a popular messaging app which is present in almost all smartphones. Even though it is not a default messaging app, you will find it everywhere. It has been downloaded more than 1 billion times. The number itself speaks about the popularity of the messaging app. Did you know that apart from using WhatsApp on your smartphone, you can also use it on your PC? There are three different ways in which you can use WhatsApp on your computer and we will discuss all the ways.
1. Using WhatsApp via Browser
You can open your WhatsApp account on your browser. Hence, no matter on which platform you are working on your PC like Windows, macOS or Linux, you can use WhatsApp by opening in the web browser. Follow the steps given below to use WhatsApp on your computer via the browser.
- If you are using an Android smartphone, open the WhatsApp app and then go to the ChatsScreen and then tap on the WhatsApp Web.
- Now open web.whatsapp.com on your browser.
- A QR code will appear on the screen. Use WhatsApp on your phone to scan the code.
- After you have successfully scanned it, your WhatsApp account will appear on the browser.
However, if you are an iPhone user, for scanning the QR code, you need to open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and then go to the Chats screen. In the bottom menu, select Settings and then tap on WhatsApp Web. You can now scan the QR code.
2. Using WhatsApp via the Desktop App
The desktop app for WhatsApp is available for the following platforms:
- Mac OS X 10.10 and higher
- Windows 8 and higher (64-bit)
- Windows 8 and higher (32-bit)
For using WhatsApp via desktop app, follow these steps.
- Open whatsapp.com/download/ on your browser.
- Select the OS in which your computer is working and then select “Download”
- Wait for the downloading procedure to be completed. The file will either be present in the .exe or .dmg format.
- Open the file and follow the installation procedure on your screen.
If you are a macOS user, download WhatsApp for MacOS and then follow these steps:
- Wait for the file to be downloaded.
- Open the downloaded file
- A window will popup in which you will have to drag the WhatsApp icon into the applications folder.
- Now, double click on the applications folder present in the window.
- A second window will appear on the screen. In the application window, click on the WhatsApp icon.
- You will be now prompted to confirm if you want to open the app. Click on “Open”.
- This will successfully install WhatsApp Desktop on your macOS.
For signing in to WhatsApp desktop for both the Windows and macOS, you will have to scan the QR code which appears on the WhatsApp desktop app. Based on the smartphone that you own, you can go back to the previous section to follow the necessary steps. If you are using a platform other than Windows and macOS on your computer, you have the option of using WhatsApp on your PC both via browser and also with the help of an Android emulator, the method for which we will discuss in the next section.
3. Use WhatsApp via Bluestacks
Before you know how to download WhatsApp via Bluestacks, you should know about Bluestacks. It is a popular Android emulator which you can use on your PC to run Android apps. After installing Bluestacks on your computer, you can run all the Android apps on it. To use WhatsApp via Bluestacks, you will first need to download Bluestacks on your computer. Follow the step guide given below to use WhatsApp via Bluestacks.
- Open BlueStacks website on your browser and then click on “Download BlueStacks”
- Open the downloaded file of Bluestacks. If you are on a Windows device, you can click on it and then run the file to install it. If you are using it on your macOS, then you need to transfer the Bluestacks app into the application folder to install it.
- Open the Bluestacks on your PC and now register yourself.
- In the search option present in the top right corner of the app, search for WhatsApp and you would be able to see the WhatsApp icon. If this doesn’t work for you, open Google Play Store and then sign in to your Gmail account and then search for WhatsApp.
- Now click on “Install”
- WhatsApp will now be installed on the Bluestack app.
- Once installed successfully, the WhatsApp icon will appear on the home screen on Bluestacks. Tap on it.
- You will now need to verify your phone number to start using WhatsApp on your Bluestacks. Enter the verification code that you receive your phone number and start using WhatsApp on the Bluestacks.
A good alternative to BlueStacks is LDPlayer which works pretty well on Windows computers.
Now that you know about three different methods to use WhatsApp on your PC, which method will you use?
This article was first published on February 10, 2021 and updated on June 22, 2021.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
Lagos is the second least liveable city in the world for the year 2021. This is according to the most recent annual ranking put together by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)…
CLAIM 1: A Twitter user claims UNICEF said any efforts to block children from accessing pornography might infringe their human rights.