Xenophobic attacks: FG to wait for Special Envoy’s report for next step ― Onyeama

The federal government is to wait for the report of the special envoy dispatched to South Africa to determine the next course of action over the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, disclosed this while briefing State House correspondents after joining President Muhammadu Buhari in an audience with Special Representative of President of China, Xi Jinping, on Thursday.
He said the report will give President Buhari the benefit of a full briefing for a better understanding of the situation.
Onyeama also said that since Nigeria announced its withdrawal from the World Economic Forum (WEF) taking place in Cape Town, South Africa in protest against the attacks, the South African government has not reacted.
He explained that some state governors that are participating in the forum, which started on Wednesday, had already arrived for the event before the decision to pull out Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who would have represented President Buhari.
Comments