Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar said on Thursday that the Boko Haram terrorist group has been completely degraded inside Sambisa Forest pointing out that presently, they lacked the capacity to move around the Sambisa forest.
Speaking during an interview programme on NTA, he said “The only problem we are having is that of the terrain. It is a big challenge because the place has been mined and troops cannot just move freely”.
The CAS stated however that the terrorists have being fleeing the forest because of airforce bombardment adding that the airforce will continue to bombard the terrorists until they leave Nigerian land.
Air Marshal Saddique said the NAF was facing manpower challenges hence the increase in the number of recruits we usually employ yearly from 1,000 to 2,400 this year.
The Air Chief further disclosed that a new welfare scheme is being put in place for NAF personnel with the soon to take off a Non Commissioned Officers Housing Scheme for airmen and airwomen that is affordable to that cadre, as a means of boosting morale.
Also speaking at the TV programme, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai said that recent disclosures that Boko Haram terrorists fleeing air and land bombardments of the military were relocating to Ningi Local government area of Bauchi state had been taken note of.
He said, “Where ever Boko Haram terrorists run to, we are following them; the Nigerian Army will pursue them until the leave our country.”