What do you need?
Lots of carrots
2 ½ cups of flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g butter (optional)
How do we make this?
- Whisk dry ingredients (flour, sugar and baking powder or soda) together in one bowl until they are well blended.
- Then, whisk all the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, butter, vanilla extract) together in another bowl.
- Blend 3 cups of shredded carrots and eggs in a blender
- Mix all dry, blended and wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Mix all evenly with a mixer or spatula till moderately smooth
- Then add grease to the baking bowl using a small quantity of butter
Pour the batter
- Tap the baking bowl on a flat surface till batter looks even
- When baking the cake, divide the batter between two buttered and floured cake pans and bake until done.
- Put pan in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes
- Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched
- To check if cake is baked, insert toothpick into the centre of the cake and ensure it comes out clean.
- Remove baking pan from the oven and empty the cake into a flat surface or parchment paper
- Cool cake in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.
NOTE : You can use cream cheese, powdered sugar or heavy cream as frosting.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
The Security Committee of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has banned all street demonstrations, protests and processions in the territory, including the EndSARS protest.