Two-bedroom apartment razed by fire in Niger
Tragedy nearly occurred in Minna, Niger State capital on Sunday following a fire incident that occurred at a two-bedroom apartment in Kaffin Tella area of Tunga community in the Metropolitan area of the city.
Tribune Online gathered that the fire was said to have started at about 1.30 pm while the occupants of the residential apartment had allegedly gone to attend a Church service somewhere around the city.
It was further gathered that the fire was started by an electrical spark when the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) restored a high-voltage power supply to the area after almost 24 hours of power outage.
One of the occupants who was identified as Pastor Moses was seen rushing back only to discover that all his property had been consumed by the raging fire.
He was, however, heard giving thanks to God for saving his life and those of his family members.
Firefighters were also spotted at the scene with the view to put out the fire.
Meanwhile, as of the time of filing this report on Sunday, no loss of life was recorded.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
In spite of the huge investment in the water sector by the government and international organisations, water scarcity has grown to become a perennial nightmare for residents of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital. This report x-rays the lives and experiences of residents in getting clean, potable and affordable water amidst the surge of COVID-19 cases in the state.
The Lagos-Ibadan railway was inaugurated recently for a full paid operation by the Nigerian Railway Corporation after about a year of free test-run. Our reporter joined the train to and fro Lagos from Ibadan and tells his experience in this report…
The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry probing the killings at Lekki Toll Gate, on Saturday resumed viewing of the 24hrs footage of the October 20, 2020 shooting of #EndSARS protesters by personnel of the Nigerian Army…