At least 10 fishermen drowned when a Moroccan fishing trawler sank off the coast of disputed Western Sahara.
Five sailors were rescued, while two crew members were still missing with a search underway, authorities have said.
The incident happened in the province of Aousserd, 220 km away from Dakhla city but it was not yet clear what caused the trawler to sink, the state-run Moroccan news agency, MAP, reported.
Western Sahara, which is disputed between Morocco and the Algeria-backed Polisario movement, has a long coastline and access to rich fishing waters.
READ ALSO FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
- INEC postpones governorship, state assembly elections
- How weak online banking frustrates cargo clearance at Lagos ports
- 19,000 unclaimed NYSC exemption certificates: LASU gives owners final collection deadline
- From Qatar, Buhari goes to Daura for State elections
- Court sacks Benue LP’s deputy guber candidate
- EDITORIAL: Making cash freely available