We have been discussing raising and reproducing leaders and the last time we looked at the prerequisites.
- The main leader must create an enabling environment for leaders to grow, be groomed and produced.
- The main leader himself must be “followable” – he must be an effective leader worthy of being emulated. Followers are more likely to become leaders if their main leader is a model of leadership for them.
- The main leader must be a resource person. He must be competent and have what it takes to raise others. He must provide private and public “tutoring”.
4 The main leader must have the eyes to discover latent/hidden leadership potentials in people and help them realize and release the potential
Today we continue.
5) There must be the availability and provision for timely advice. “But Jesus said unto them, ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? And be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized: But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared. And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John. But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.” Mark 10:38-48.
- The main leader must be committed to raising and reproducing leaders through mentoring. There are many components of effective give mentoring but let us look at some :
”Be committed to the person we undertake to mentor. We must be able to express our love and appreciation for them and they should always feel we have their best interest at heart. Be committed to the process. It takes time to develop leaders. There will be ups and downs in the process but stay the course. Be committed to the purpose. Our goal is the end result we envision for them. Don’t be easily discouraged. Philippians 1:6 says God has started something in us and will not quit until it is completed. We must have that same commitment.” James Crumpacker If every leader commits to raising and reproducing other leaders life will surely be a better place to live in.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
In spite of the huge investment in the water sector by the government and international organisations, water scarcity has grown to become a perennial nightmare for residents of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital. This report x-rays the lives and experiences of residents in getting clean, potable and affordable water amidst the surge of COVID-19 cases in the state…
The Lagos-Ibadan railway was inaugurated recently for a full paid operation by the Nigerian Railway Corporation after about a year of free test-run. Our reporter joined the train to and fro Lagos from Ibadan and tells his experience in this report…