Immediate past Governor of Osun State, Mr. Adegboyega Oyetola on Friday charged members and supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to remain calm and not to be discouraged over the outcome of the Friday’s appeal, saying his abiding faith in God to reclaim his mandate remains undoubted.
Reacting to the Appeal Court judgement which overturned the decision of the Tribunal that initially sacked Governor Ademola Adeleke, Oyetola in a statement by his media aide, Ismail Omipidan, noted that his belief in the judiciary also remains unshaken.
He further said: “We have heard the judgement of the Appeal Court, but we are yet to receive a copy of the judgement.
“However, from the snippets we are getting, we believe we have a potential ground to approach the Supreme Court. Our belief in the judiciary remains unshaken, just as my abiding faith in God’s promise regarding the reclaim of my mandate remains undoubted.
“I, therefore, appeal to our supporters and party members to remain calm as we take the next step,” Oyetola added.
READ ALSO FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
- INEC postpones governorship, state assembly elections
- How weak online banking frustrates cargo clearance at Lagos ports
- 19,000 unclaimed NYSC exemption certificates: LASU gives owners final collection deadline
- From Qatar, Buhari goes to Daura for State elections
- Court sacks Benue LP’s deputy guber candidate
- EDITORIAL: Making cash freely available