Last time we began looking at the issue of attending church services. We saw that people go to church for various reasos, legitimate and illegitimate. Some Christians don’t even go to church at all. They flagrantly disobey the command of the Lord not to forsake the assembling of believers.
Church meetings are no ordinary meetings so we need to get it right. Each time there is a church service God sets out to do certain specific things. There is always a divine agenda for every church service. There is a divine package not just for the corporate body but also for individuals in the service. No church service is ordinary.
“Church attendance is as vital to a disciple as a transfusion of rich, healthy blood to a sick man.” Dwight L. Moody
To get the best of any church service we must do certain things:
- We must value the importance of church service and position ourselves well to get the best out of the service. This will involve adequate preparation to attend church services. The major preparation is to pray for the service and all those who will be engaged in running the service. You don›t want to sacrifice your precious time to a church service that contributes nothing to you or facilitate the purpose of the meeting. We must pray for the service to fulfill its purpose. Prayer is the fuel that powers an effective church service.
- Our attitude must be right. Even though we might meet in a physical building we are engaging in spiritual exercises. Everything is spiritual . . . the worship, the offering, the message etc. Once we see church as natural we miss the true essence of church. Far too many Christians do not benefit from church because they approach church as natural.
- We must arrive in church on time. It’s a sig of disrespect ad dishpour to God to arrive I church late. If a church service is 9.00am God is set at that time ad to keep him waitig or to arrive late is tatamout to dishomour.
- We must be expectant to receive at the service. If we see church as a spiritual place it will help us benefit from it better. Our minds must be alert and our spirit must be sensitive. Expectancy is vital. Nothing worthwhile is ever received without expectation. We must be expectant to receive from the service. God always makes provision for our needs at every service and He expects us never to leave a church service the way we came. Every service puts certain things on offer . . . instructions, directives, healing, answers, solutions, encouragement etc.
- We must avoid distraction and concentrate throughout the service. A major weapon of the devil to steal our blessings is distraction so we must watch out. Our minds must be fixed on whatever is going on. If we have to use our phones it must be a tool and not a distraction to worship.
- We must decide to take action from what we hear. Only doers of the word are blessed and not just hearers. The church is a school where we get spiritual education. we must have action plans based on whatever we hear in church.
“The Church is not a gallery for the better exhibition of eminent Christians, but a school for the education of imperfect ones.” Henry Ward Beecher
- We must obey every instruction given including obeying the ushers. There is unquantifiable blessing in obedience. If we are willing and obedient we shall eat the good of the land.
Attending church should never be a routine or an exercise that yields no benefits but a life-changing encounter every time.
FOR ENQUIRIES AND COMMENTS PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO charismokola @yahoo.com
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
South-West Speakers Rally Support For Tinubu’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition
The rumoured ambition of former Lagos State governor, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to run for the office of the President in 2023 is gradually becoming a reality as current and former speakers of houses of assembly in the South-West have thrown their weight behind the…
No Harm Must Befall Bishop Kukah, CAN Warns
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has cautioned those threatening the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Dr Matthew Hassan Kukah, to stop their unlawful actions and also asks the security agencies to ensure the safety and security of the…
Kukah: Nigerians Have Right To Live Freely In Any Part Of Nigeria, Ortom Replies Muslim Group
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has called on Nigerians, irrespective of religious and political affiliations to uphold unity, peace and dialogue as the panacea for the myriad of problems confronting the country. The governor’s advice is coming on the heels of the statement credited to a group known as Muslim…
Your Govt Brought Reversal Of Fortune To Nigerians, PDP Tells Buhari
Against the backdrop of President Muhammadu Buhari call for critics to consider what he inherited, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has berated administration for allegedly reversing the country’s fortune in the five years it has been in office…
Consider What We Met When Criticizing Us, Buhari Tells Nigerian Elite
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday told the Nigerian elite that when they criticize his administration, they should take into consideration the state of the country before he assumed power. Speaking at the presidential villa, Abuja when he received in audience Reverend Yakubu Pam, the Executive…
Covid-19 Vaccines: Kano Gets Highest Allocation As Cross River Gets 1023 Doses For Its 3.8 Million Population
Cross River State with a population of 3.8 million will take home 1,023 doses of COVID-9 vaccines according to the data for the distribution of the vaccines released by the Federal Government of Nigeria in Abuja. In the data released by the Executive Director of the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA), Faisal Shuaib, the 36 states and FCT would, in the interim share 100,000 doses, while awaiting…