A John A Hannah distinguished Professor in land policy from the Michigan State University, United States, Professor Soji Adelaja, has offered a perspective on the important role of education in long-term societal transformation and the range of issues that relate to COVID-19 and education.
Professor Adelaja disclosed this while presenting a report during the webinar entitled “Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Children’s Education,” organised by the Obafemi Awolowo Foundation held on Sunday, January 17.
- According to Professor Adelaja, The world has transitioned from the old economy to the new global economy.
- Old Economy: National growth (Q) derived from the stock of labor (L), capital (C), management (M) & natural resources (N).
- New Economy : National growth (Q) derives mostly from the stock of Human Capital – talent or knowledge (HC), Venture Capital (VC), Entrepreneurship (E) and Place Amenities (P).
- New Paradigm of Growth: Q = f ( C, L, M, N, HC, VC, EN, P).
- New economy growth drivers now account for most growth.
- Future growth will come mostly from people who work with their heads, not with their hands.
- Education enables economic transformation by giving future citizens the opportunity to work with their minds & heads.
- The accumulation of Talent, Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Place Assets will define Nigeria’s future success.
Below are the presentations for your download:
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
South-West Speakers Rally Support For Tinubu’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition
The rumoured ambition of former Lagos State governor, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to run for the office of the President in 2023 is gradually becoming a reality as current and former speakers of houses of assembly in the South-West have thrown their weight behind the…
No Harm Must Befall Bishop Kukah, CAN Warns
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has cautioned those threatening the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Dr Matthew Hassan Kukah, to stop their unlawful actions and also asks the security agencies to ensure the safety and security of the…
Kukah: Nigerians Have Right To Live Freely In Any Part Of Nigeria, Ortom Replies Muslim Group
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has called on Nigerians, irrespective of religious and political affiliations to uphold unity, peace and dialogue as the panacea for the myriad of problems confronting the country. The governor’s advice is coming on the heels of the statement credited to a group known as Muslim…