AN official of Benin Electricity Company (BEDC), identified as Kola, was at the weekend electrocuted in Ondo town, headquarters of Ondo west local government area of Ondo state.
The deceased was said to have visited the Government Reserve Area (GRA) located at Itanla along the Ondo/Akure road to restore electricity in part of the area when the ugly incident happened.
A source informed Tribune Online that the deceased was almost through with the installation when the power was restored from the control room electrocuting the BEDC official immediately.
The people of the area raised alarm and tried to rescue the young man was dangling on the top of the pole but it was too late before help could come from mental the fire service and the police.
The lifeless body of the deceased was however removed and taken to the State general hospital in Ondo town.
Confirming the development, the Business Manager of the Ondo Business District of BEDC, Engr. Chris Enuamaka, said the deceased was not a permanent staff of the electricity company, saying “the victim was not even on official assignment”
Enuamaka explained that the company is making effort to release an official statement on the unfortunate incident as soon as investigation is completed.