Truck crushes ten-year-old boy to death in Ondo

An articulated truck, loaded with planks in Ondo town, headquarters of Ondo West Local Government Area of Ondo State, on Sunday, crushed a ten-year-old boy, Ayomide Olaniyi, to death.

The incident which occurred in the Ayeyemi area of the town around 8:30 pm when the young boy was going home with his parent after closing for the day’s work.

An eyewitness, Dele, explained that the boy was walking home with his father when the driver of the vehicle, who was at high speed lost control and rammed into the boy, killing him on the spot.

He said the parent and the boy were not aware that the vehicle was approaching, saying the van on high speed, and the little boy could not avoid the vehicle.

According to him, the driver of the vehicle was trying to evade arrest by trying to avoid some security agents who have warned him against conveying planks in the night after several warnings.

“The man tried to evade arrest by Amotekun men and in the process, rammed to the boy, crushing him to death on the spot.

“I just dropped a passenger and made a U-turn to the side of the road and saw the boy walking with his father. I sighted the van, but before I could call their attention to it, it was too late as the van was already close to them.

“The driver of the van also tried to avoid them but before he could apply the brake, it was too late and efforts to avert the accident were not enough.”

He, however, said that the remains of the young boy was taken to the morgue by officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) while the vehicle driver was arrested by Amotekun Corps.

YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

Experts Say Mixture Of Snail Slime, Evaporated Milk Cannot Cure Stroke

CLAIM: A Facebook user claims water gotten from snails (snail slime) and peak milk can cure partial or full stroke.

VERDICT: The claim that water gotten from snails (snail slime) and peak milk can cure partial or full stroke is false.

FULL STORY: On July 26, 2020, a Facebook user, Prince Nnamdi Enyinnaya Emelelu Eluwa, in a post claimed that water gotten from snails (Snail slime) and peak milk can cure partial or full stroke. The post which is over a year old has recently been reshared by other Facebook users.

Marburg Virus: What You Need To Know About Disease Recently Detected In West Africa

On Monday, August 9, 2021, the World Health Organisation (WHO) confirmed the first case of Marburg virus in West Africa in Guinea. This development has sent shivers down the spines of West Africans who are still grappling with the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. But before this dreaded disease is greeted by rumours and misinformation, here is what you have to know about the virus.APC states to establish Health Emergency Trust Fund…

FACT CHECK: US Did Not Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Detain Abba Kyari

CLAIM: Several social media posts claim the United States of America (USA) gave Nigeria’s Federal Government 48 hours to detain suspended Deputy Police Commissioner, Abba Kyari, or face severe sanctions.

VERDICT: The claim is false and misleading. The US did not give Nigerian Federal Government 48 hours ultimatum to detain Abba Kyari.

FULL STORY: Tons of reactions have greeted the indictment of suspended Deputy Police Commissioner, Abba Kyari, by the United States District Court for the Central District of California.

The court indicted Kyari following his alleged involvement in the international scheme to defraud a Qatari school founder of over $1 million. The fraud scheme was masterminded by popular Instagram celebrity, Ramon Abbas, also known as Hushpuppi.

The Dangers In Mixing Toilet Cleaner With Bleach

Few weeks ago, Eniola Oyemolade, a journalist, decided to get creative while cleaning, by mixing a toilet cleaner and a bleach together. She did this with the thought that if one product works, mixing it with another would make it even better.

Unknowing to her, Mixing bleach with toilet cleaner creates a poisonous gas that can cause adverse health reactions, including death.

“After the mixture, I started feeling a burning sensation in my throat and I had to leave the room because the odour was really bad too,” she said.

You might also like
Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More