Benue begins closure of camp

THE Executive Secretary, Benue State Emergency Management Agency, Mr Boniface Ortese has said that it has begun gradual decamping of flood victims.

The first batch of 200 persons were asked to return home on Monday.

Our correspondent who visited the camp at International Market, Makurdi saw several persons leaving the camp with items like mattresses, bags of rice, Indomitable and others.

The SEMA boss explained that there is dire need to decamp the victims following assessment carried out that the flooded home are now safe.

Ortese said that the agency will turn their attention to the town for intervention.

“There has been a lot of cries in town. So, we are going into town to carry out assessment and give relief materials. I want to assure everyone affected that there is enough relief materials to give them”.

The SEMA boss however decried the manner the camp had been infiltrated with people who are suffering of poverty and area boys.


You might also like
Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More