FORMER Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Solomon Arase, has denied taking away 24 police vehicles as alleged by his successor, Ibrahim Idris.
Arase, who said he had been in London, United Kingdom (UK), since a week after his disengagement for his son’s graduation, in a statement on Monday, said every information needed by his successor on vehicles bought by the police were in his handover notes.
He said all vehicles bought by the police under him were distributed to state commands and other appropriate units of the force, while denying getting any letter from Idris since he had been in the UK.
“I suspect there must be a disconnect somewhere because every information needed by my successor are provided in my handover notes. I’m also not aware that any letter was written to me because if there was any dropped in my house, someone would have alerted me.
“It’s unfortunate that this matter is being made a media issue because my successor has my telephone number and could have called me for any clarification or even sent me a text message rather than addressing the media on an issue well documented in my handover notes,” Arase said.