Zamfara State governor, Bello Matawalle, has assured the people of the state that he will ensure that the abducted female students of Government Girls Secondary School Jangebe in the state are to be released soon.
In a state broadcast to the people of the state, on Friday, the Governor said, since the abduction he had been in contact with relevant authorities.
He said police helicopters and other search team are now in the forest searching for the female students.
At this hour of grief, the governor said “As a father, I feel the pains of the parents and guardians of the abductees.
‘”My heart is with you at this moment and will always be with you throughout the rescue mission.
“I also want to use this opportunity to appeal to the parents and guardians to exercise more patience and continue to pray for the success of the ongoing rescue mission.
Also, he assured everyone that they are wholly committed to ensuring a speedy rescue of the schoolgirls and reuniting them with their families.
“Since when I received the sad news, I have been making contacts with the security agencies and other relevant individuals and groups towards rescuing these girls.
“Currently, police helicopters and other search and rescue operatives have been deployed to the area. Members of the public, and most especially the parents and guardians, would be kept informed of developments with regard to this all-important mission.”
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
Zanfara schoolgirls’ abduction
Nigeria recorded a slight reduction in the number of COVID-19 infections, recoveries and deaths last week, Tribune Online analysis shows.
Last week (February 14 to 20), 5,849 new cases were reported in the country, the lowest in seven weeks.
The last time Nigeria recorded such a low figure was in the December 27 to January 2 week, when it reported 5,681 cases…Zanfara schoolgirls’ abduction