Victims kidnapped in Ekiti hotel have regained freedom ― Police

The Ekiti State Police Command has said those kidnapped during the attack on a hotel at Ayetoro Ekiti, Ido Osi Local Government, on Tuesday evening, have regained their freedom.

Tribune Online had reported the invasion of the hotel by armed men numbering about 30 and abducted victims from the facility and injured the security guard.

The Public Relations Officer of the Command, ASP Sunday Abutu, who confirmed the incident, however, said only two persons were kidnapped during the attack.

Speaking with journalists on Thursday, Abutu revealed that the abductees were freed at Ikun Ekiti, Moba Local Government area of the state following a manhunt by the combined team of the security agencies in the state.

He said: “The two abductees have regained their freedom. They were freed yesterday (Wednesday) at about 10:30 pm close to Ikun bridge in Moba local government Area.

“Two people were actually kidnapped, the third person, who is the security man was macheted, but was not taken away.”

He equally denied the allegation milling rounds that some suspected gun-wielding bandits, on Wednesday, invaded a market located along Ado-Ikere road.

The PPRO noted that it was a fabricated story trending on social media, to cause panic, saying no truck loaded with Hausa/Fulani people carrying AK-47 rifles and other weapons, entered Shasha Market in Ado Ekiti or any other area in the state.

According to him, “The story is not just false, but a lie from the pit of hell, fabricated and spread by the enemies of the society to cause unnecessary panic.

“The Command wishes to state explicitly that on 8th June 2021 at about 5 pm a truck loaded with bags of beans, dried fish, onions and other food items from Sokoto State heading to Akure, Ondo State, stopped at Shasha Market junction, Ado-Ekiti to offload five bags of fish.

“In the process, they were accosted by Amotekun personnel and interrogated but were later cleared to offload the bags of fish and proceed with their journey after confirming that nothing incriminating as alleged was found with them.

“More so, the said truck did not even enter Shasha Market, but only stopped at the Junction, and had earlier stopped by at Ifaki-Ekiti where some bags of beans were offloaded.

“The Command hereby implores members of the public especially the good people of Ekiti State to disregard the unfounded rumour, as there is no iota of truth in it.”

Abutu pledged that the Command will continue to work with relevant bodies to ensure the safety of lives and property of the good people of the state.

YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

No! TETFund Not Offering Nigerian Students N20,000 Grant

CLAIM: A website claims that the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) is offering Nigerian students N20,000 grant. This is being sent to unsuspecting students as a bulk SMS with the name Tetfund2021.Victims kidnapped in Ekiti hotel have regained freedom ― Police

Victims kidnapped in Ekiti hotel have regained freedom ― Police

You might also like
Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More