UPDATED: Identity of sacked Osinbajo’s aides revealed
•List not genuine ― Spokesman
Names of 35 aides of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who were sacked have been revealed.
The names made available to presidency sources in Abuja on are:
Jibola Ajayi- SA, Legal
Lanre Osinbona- SSA, ICT
Imeh Okon- SSA, Infrastructure
Jide Awolowo- SA, Oil and Gas
Lilian Idiaghe- SA, Research, Legal and Compliance
Arukino Umukoro- SA, Niger Delta
Bala Liman Mohammed SSA Economy
Edobor Iyamu SSA, Niger Delta
Dolapo Bright SSA, Agro-Allied Value Chain
Toyosi Onaolapo SA, Community engagement
Gambo Manzo SA, Political
Bisi Ogungbemi SA, Political Matters
Edirin Akemu SSA, Industry, Trade & Investment
Akin Soetan STA, Economic matters
Aondaver Kuttuh Technical Assistant, Rule of Law
Ife Adebayo SA, Innovation
Yussuf Ali SA, Power regulations
Tola Asekun SSA, National boundary commission
Morakinyo Beckley SA, Off-grid power
Yosola Akinbi SSA, NEC
Tochi Nwachukwu SA, Power Privatisation
Bode Gbore SSA, Political
Abdulrahman Baffa Yola SA, Political
Kolade Sofola SA, Infrastructure
Ebi Awosika STA, Community Engagement
Muyiwa Abiodun SSA, Power
Forri Samson Banu SA, Entrepreneurship
Bege Bala SA, BPE
Feyishayo Aina SA, Community engagement
Halima Bawa SA, Community Engagement
Nkechi Chukwueke SA, Community engagement
Ilsa Essien SA, Media
But in a tweet on Thursday evening, the spokesman of the Vice President, Laolu Akande, dismisses the list, saying that it was not genuine and should be ignored.
“Also, a list circulating in the media on d so-called sacked presidential aides is not genuine and ought to be ignored,” he said in his personal handle @akandeoj.
Recall that the presidency began the implementation of the sack of some aides on Wednesday.
It was learned that even when Osinbajo was hoping that the alleged sack of 35 of the aides would be reversed by the president, some of the affected persons on Wednesday had their presidential villa access tags retrieved from them as they reported for work.
Some them who reported for work were said to have been approached at the gate by security personnel who seized their tags upon confirming that their names were contained in the list of sacked aides apparently provided for them.
An online medium, Daily Nigerian, which on Wednesday reported that Buhari approved the sack of at least 35 out of over 80 aides in the vice president’s office, informed that
the affected aides, who were issued appointment letters in August, included some Senior Special Assistants, Special Assistants, Personal Assistants and Technical Assistants.
Some of the aides were said to have left their offices by themselves on Wednesday and returned home to avoid being embarrassed.
A source close to the vice president’s office confided in the Nigerian Tribune that some of the aides who came to work of Wednesday left on their own accord to stave off any incident with security personnel.
Many of the Osinbajo’s aides had earlier been sent out from the villa and accommodated in various ministries and parastatals, which reduced their access to the villa.
Osinbajo’s spokesman, Laolu Akande, neither confirmed nor denied the development when asked for his reaction.
He told the Nigerian Tribune that he was just emerging from Wednesday’s meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) and had read the reports just like others.
“I read it just like others. I will like to find out what is happening,” he said.
Reports have been rife that since their re-election, Osinbajo has fallen out of favour with some elements close to President Buhari who is undermining his authority, a situation which has been blamed for the dissolution and replacement of the Economic Management Team hitherto headed by the Vice President.