Pastor allegedy slumps, dies after conducting burial service for church member in Ondo

Members of a pentecostal church in Oke-Aro area of Akure, the Ondo State capital, are working hard to unravel the mysteries behind the death of the pastor of the church, Femi Olorunsoromidayo, who died after conducting a funeral service for one of his church members.

Olorunsoromidayo who was the founder of the church was said to have slumped and died in Erusu Akoko in Akoko North West Local Government Area of the state after conducting the burial service for a 78-year-old church member, Mr Samuel Rotimi.

It was gathered that the deceased had instructed the founder and pastor of the church not to bury his remains in his hometown, Erusu Akoko, for reasons best known to him.

The late Rotimi had specifically instructed the Pastor and his family to bury him in his Akure residence but the pastor yielded to the pressure of the deceased’s family at Erusu-Akoko.

According to a source, the family of the deceased in his hometown also instructed the cleric to move the burial plans to Erusu Akoko against the earlier instructions of the deceased.

ALSO READ: Nigeria@59: Youths need positive impacts ― Miss Nigeria

He said: ”Since the late pastor including his immediate family had limited authority over the burial plans, he arranged for an ambulance, which took the corpse to Erusu Akoko, alongside his family members and some church members.

“While the pastor was conducting the burial service at the cemetery, he started feeling uncomfortable after which he slumped and became unconscious. He was rushed to a hospital in Akoko area, where he was confirmed dead.”

He, however, said, “ironically, the ambulance that conveyed the remains of Mr. Rotimi to Erusu was also used to convey the remains of Pastor Olorunsoromidayo to Akure.”

The development was said to have created confusion among the congregation and family members of the late cleric who have been trading words over the incident.

The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Mr. Femi Joseph, could not confirm the development. He said the incident had not been reported.

The PPRO said, “I can confirm to you that the incident was not reported at the station.”

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More