‘My husband impregnated another woman, moved in with her’

•It’s true I have a concubine plus a child outside wedlock —Husband

An Ado-Ekiti Customary Court in Ekiti State has dissolved the 10-year-old marriage between one Omotunde Ajidagba and her husband, Abdulateef, over desertion and lack of care on the part of the latter.

Omotunde had asked the court to dissolve their marriage on the grounds of desertion and lack of care.

The petitioner, who said she married her husband in 2008, alleged that he had deserted her and their children since 2011 and moved in with another woman.

“Abdulateef later came back home but contributed nothing towards the running of the home.

Fraudsters who hypnotised girl, collected N1.4m from her in police net in Oyo

“There was a time his concubine threatened me to release her husband because she already had a baby for him,” the mother of two said.

The petitioner said that was when she got to know that her husband had a child out of wedlock.

Omotunde, who said she was fed up with their relationship, urged the court to dissolve it and award her custody of their children.

Abdulateef  in his evidence  said that he stopped cohabiting with his wife since 2012.

He, however, denied not taking care of his children.

“I usually drop money for them no matter how small,” Abdulateef said.

He also admitted impregnating another woman when he was not with his wife.

“But there was nothing between me and the other woman again.

“I could not fully shoulder the responsibility of taking care of our children for seven years because I had no money, ”the respondent added.

He, however, supported the dissolution of the marriage.

The court president, Mrs Olayinka Akomolede, observed that their marriage had broken down irretrievably and consequently dissolved it.

Akomolede awarded custody of their children to the petitioner.

She mandated the respondent to pay the sum of N3, 000 monthly as feeding allowance for each of their children, while both were ordered to be responsible for their education.

She said access should be granted to the respondent to see his children in the school.