For the first time since he adopted the 30 billion naira moniker for himself, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido has confessed that though he enjoyed being called the 30 billion naira man, he didi not have such amount of money in his account.
The Omo Baba Olowo crooner, who, last week, confirmed that his fiancee, Chioma tested positive for coronavirus was asked by a fan that he should take a leaf from the books of his colleagues who have been raining cash gifts on their fans since the lockdown in Lagos and other parts of the country.
Davido, in his reply to his fans said he would not give out money now because he had not been going to shows and there was no money to share with them.
A fan asked him what has become of his much-talked about 30 billion naira? Davido responsed saying “no money for now because there was no show in sight. We are all in this together.”
He later revealed that he never had 30 billion naira in his account as he had always claimed.
He lamented the effect of COVID-19 on his music business saying “coro has scattered everybody’s plan. We are at home and waiting for this scourge to be over,” he said.
The singer, who hinted that his second coronavirust test came out negative maintained that his wife was yet to show any symptom of the virus.
“My second test has came back negative. I did a second test for COVID-19, once again I am negative. My wife has not showed any symptom till now. She’s perfectly fine,” he said.
COVID-19: We Are Ready To Evacuate Nigerians Who Wish To Return From Abroad, Says FG
The Federal government has indicated its willingness to evacuate Nigerians abroad who wish to return home as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, disclosed this on Friday during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 Pandemic in Abuja… Read full story
COVID-19 Lockdown: We Can’t Be Caged For Nothing, Adamawa Residents Cry Out
On the second day of the 14 days lockdown of Adamawa announced by the state government to curtail the spread of COVID-19 in the state, the people of the state have started to complain about the stay at home order without palliatives to ease the problems associated with it… Read full story
As The World Battles COVID-19, Nigerians Confront COVIK 4-1-9
Amid mounting panic and uncertainties over the ravages of COVID-19 worldwide, Nigerians are wracked by the double whammy of disabling fear over the scourge of the virus and bewildering COVID-19-inspired fraud by their government. Nigerians on social media justifiably say their country’s most pressing burden… Read full article
Chloroquine ’Ll Not Make COVID-19 Patients Worse, It Works —Dr Ajayi
I don’t know why it became controversial. They disagreed with President Trump because he broke the rule. The rule is that before you use a medication for any condition, you should have tested it scientifically for that condition. But for emergencies, some rules must be broken. But if it has been said by a doctor rather than … Read full interview
Another Two Patients Die As Coronavirus Cases Hit 210
Twenty new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Nigeria; 11 in Lagos, 3 in the FCT, 3 in Edo, 2 in Osun & 1 in Ondo. Two new deaths have been recorded in Lagos and Edo State. As at 10:30 pm 3rd April, there are 210 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Nigeria… Read full story
UPDATE: COVID-19 Positive Patient Is A Military Officer Who Returned From India—AkeredoluThe Ondo State governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, has said that the first positive case of coronavirus in the state is a military officer who is a returnee from India. Disclosing this further in his twitter handle, he said the military officer had been monitored since his return and had been put in isolation… Read full story