Gunmen on Tuesday attacked the security head office in Ntezi, Ishielu local government Area of Ebonyi State and killed a Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) personnel and a patient undergoing rehabilitation at the NDLEA centre.
It was gathered that the attackers, who came through the back perimeter fence of the facility, were later repelled by officials of the agency alongside soldiers and police operatives who quickly raced to the scene to provide backup.
The Police spokesperson, Loveth Odah, confirmed the incident, adding that the security agencies killed two of the gunmen while others escaped with injuries.
She said security agencies were still combing the bushes around the area in search of the injured escaped gunmen.
IN CASE YOU MISSED THESE FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
- ‘Officials initially offered to help but when the number of able-bodied citizens at the centre increased, they left us unattended to’
- Why Ogun Tops List Of ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Nigeria ― Governor Abiodun
- Police, Amotekun after criminals on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Suspected cannibal pays N500,000 for boy’s human organs, says ‘that’s my favourite meal, especially the throat’
- Court awards Nnamdi Kanu N1 billion over invasion of his home by military, asks FG to apologise
The police spokesperson further revealed that two rifles and ammunition were recovered from the attackers amongst other items.
Some of the items recovered include 140 rounds of K2 ammunition, 36 rounds of GPMG live ammunition, 30 rounds of Ak 47 rounds of ammunition, a 4 Runner jeep, motorcycles, military and police uniforms, charms etc.
“Unfortunately, one of the officers and a patient undergoing rehabilitation at the agency’s rehabilitation centre was also killed,” she said.
It will be recalled that the agency lost two officers on February 20 when they were attacked along the Abakaliki-Enugu highway.