• Born on Sunday, 15 July, 1951 in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
• At the age of seven, Folorunsho travelled to the United Kingdom for her primary education at Dinorben School for Girls in Hafodunos Hall in Llangernyw, Wales between 1959 and 1963. On the completion of her primary education, she came back to Nigeria and attended Muslim High School, Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria. She then returned to England for her secretarial studies at Pitman’s Central College, London.
• Folorunsho Alakija is a Nigerian billionaire businesswoman and philanthropist. She is involved in fashion, oil, real estate and printing industries. She is the Group Managing Director of The Rose of Sharon Group, which consists of The Rose of Sharon Prints & Promotions Limited, Digital Reality Prints and the Executive Vice-Chairman of Famfa Oil Limited.
• She is ranked by Forbes as the richest woman in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1 billion as of 2020. As of 2015, Folorunsho Alakija was listed as the second most powerful woman in Africa.
• Folorunsho Alakija will be 70 years old tomorrow, Thursday, 15 July, 2021.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
In spite of the huge investment in the water sector by the government and international organisations, water scarcity has grown to become a perennial nightmare for residents of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital. This report x-rays the lives and experiences of residents in getting clean, potable and affordable water amidst the surge of COVID-19 cases in the state…
The Lagos-Ibadan railway was inaugurated recently for a full paid operation by the Nigerian Railway Corporation after about a year of free test-run. Our reporter joined the train to and fro Lagos from Ibadan and tells his experience in this report…