Four members of the same family have been reported killed by a generator exhaust fume, on Wednesday, in Kwara State.
Tribune Online gathered that the tragic incident occurred at the Ojomu family house, Sanmora in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
According to a relation of the people who spoke on condition of anonymity, the people slept leaving their power generating machine on inside the house.
The source, who said that neighbours had to break in to see the gory sight, added that the victims of the incident are two wives and two children.
“The family of four slept leaving their generator on inside the house.
“We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning, the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.
“Two of the family members who were unconscious at the time of our breaking in have been rushed to the hospital. Although they’re both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive,” he said.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Kwara State Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the incident.
Okasanmi said that the incident involved four members of the same family, adding that two other members of the family were recuperating in hospital.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
CLAIM: A Facebook user claims that the consumption of rotten tomatoes, popularly known as Esa in South-West Nigeria, can cause liver cancer.
VERDICT: The claim that the consumption of rotten tomatoes can cause liver cancer is true. The WHO noted that consuming mycotoxins found in rotten tomatoes can lead to long-term effects such as immune deficiency and cancer.
FULL STORY: A Facebook user, Adebisi Yusuff Adebayo, in a post, claimed that rotten tomatoes contain fungi which produce a toxin that may cause liver cancer.
According to the post, boiling and frying it does not help remove the fungi completely.
It reads: “Share with others who buy spoilt tomatoes. Spoilt tomatoes (what Yoruba called Esa) contain a fungi that produces a toxin that may cause liver cancer. Don’t buy it because it is cheaper.Generator fume kills family of four in Kwara