Eid-el-Kabir: NSCDC deploys 2,500 personnel in Kaduna

Determined to ensure the security of lives and safety of properties in Kaduna, the state of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, has deployed over 2,500 comprising officers men in this year’s Eid-el-Kabir.

The deployment which is both covert and overt in nature extends to all the 23 councils before, during and after the festivity.

This was contained in a statement issued by the spokesman for the command, DSC Orndiir Terzungwe, on Sunday.

To achieve this, the State Commandant, Godwin Miebi, had earlier directed Divisional Officers through Area Commanders to mobilise all personnel in their formations and brief them on the operational strategies put in place for maximum results.

In the same vein, all heads of departments and units at the headquarters have been mobilised under the operations department, briefed and posted accordingly.

The Commandant explained further, “in the period under consideration, maximum surveillance, foot and vehicular patrols are to be strictly maintained with the view to protecting Critical National Assets and infrastructure from antics of vandals.”

He continued, “operatives attached to Anti-vandal unit, Counter Terrorism Unit, Intelligence department and the recently launched Rapid Response Squad are adequately mobilized and briefed on how to perform intra duties and in synergy with other agencies.”

“Residents of the state are required to report suspicious persons and acts which have security threats to the corps or other security agencies,” Miebi said.

He explained, “effective collaboration from members of the public when ensured will address security threats affecting the state, rather than leaving it to only formal security agencies.

While calling on residents of the state to embrace peace and harmony, I felicitate Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir Ahmed, his Deputy, members of the executive as well and legislature and people of the state.

YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

No Evidence Arab League Sent Warning Message To FG On Biafra Movement

CLAIM: A Twitter user claims that the Arab League of Nations sent a warning message to the Nigerian government on the Biafra movement.

VERDICT: No evidence to ascertain the origin of the statement. The statement is not new as it has been in circulation since 2017.  Also, Nigeria is not part of the Arab League and there is no evidence that that league will make a statement about a non-member.

FULL STORY: A Twitter user, Amah Johnbosco(@johnbosco_amah), on Monday, June 28, 2021, claimed that the Arab League of Nations said the Nigerian government is on its own if it provokes war while warning the government to let Biafra go.Eid-el-Kabir: NSCDC deploys 2,500 personnel in Kaduna

Eid-el-Kabir: NSCDC deploys 2,500 personnel in Kaduna


You might also like
Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More