COVID-19: Measures to curb spread still in force ― Ondo govt

Ondo State Government on Tuesday stated that all the measures put in place to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic are still in force.

The state Commissioner of information and Orientation, Donald, who reiterated this in a statement issued and signed by him, urged the people of the state to observe all the order by the state government.

According to him, “after a careful assessment of the situation nationwide in line with our index status in respect of COVID-19, the Ondo State Government wishes to inform the general public that such measures and steps taken so far are still in force.

ALSO READ: COVID-19 palliatives: Government cannot feed everybody ― Kwara gov

“This includes, a total ban on all political, social and religious gatherings in the state while gathering at clubs, beer parlours and joints are not allowed to open.

“All Civil servants from Grade Levels 01-12, except those on essential duties as may be determined by their respective Accounting Officers and Chief Executives, are to remain at home.

Closure of both public and private schools, restriction on religious gatherings in churches and mosques while the closure of markets across the state remained

“Closure of the state’s inter-state boundaries with neighbouring states and total ban on inter-state travels entry into the state”

It will be recalled that the Government took some far-reaching decisions in respect of the pandemic some of which were for a period of 14 days in the first instance.

NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

 

 

YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

Buy and read digital replicas of your TRIBUNE titles by subscribing through E-VENDING

I Consumed Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil With Honey To Fight Coronavirus, Says Makinde •I’ll ensure no Oyo citizen dies from COVID-19
Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde, has disclosed what he did in isolation in order to become negative of the coronavirus… Read full story

COVID-19: Lagos Govt Rejects Chinese Doctors
Lagos State government on Monday said it is not expecting any Chinese doctors for support to tackle its Coronavirus(COVID-19) pandemic… Read full story

You might also like
Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More