Amid a palpable systemic surge, Delta State, on Thursday morning, recorded seven new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 197.
The 197 cases span 16 local government areas, while the remaining nine local government areas are yet to record a single case since the index in April.
The nine local government areas which appear to be having a field day from the scourge include Aniocha North, Ethiope East, Isoko North and Ndokwa West.
Curiously, others are riverine Bomadi, Patani, Burutu, Warri North and Warri South-West local government areas of the oil-rich state.
The Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu, who disclosed the latest figure through his official WhatsApp handle, on Thursday, said with the 22 new confirmed cases, the total number of confirmed cases in the state stands at 197.
According to him, so far the total active cases is 136, the total number of discharged cases is 50, and the total number of death is 11.
The pandemic chart of the state showed that Oshimili South LGA has the highest cases of 46 with 36 active cases, nine discharged and one death.
Trailing behind Oshimili South is Uvwie with 38 cases: 27 active, nine discharged and three deaths; while Warri South ranks third with 37 confirmed cases of which 22 are active, 14 discharged and one death.
Speaking on the gradual spread of the virus, Mr Aniagwu advised Deltans to follow the health guidelines issued by the state government COVID-19 committee.
“Wash your hands thoroughly many times throughout the day. Observe ‘social distancing’ of a minimum of two metres and wear your face mask when talking with people.
“Do not make unnecessary journeys outside of your homes because non-adherence can lead to easy contact of the virus,” he warned.
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
Buhari Expresses Shock Over Boko Haram’s Attack On Gubio
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed deep shock at Boko Haram’s attack on Gubio village, Borno State in which the terrorists killed many people. A statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday night by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity) said as news of “one the most brutal terrorist… Read full story