Burkina Faso reports first coronavirus cases

Burkina Faso has confirmed its first two cases of coronavirus, news agency Reuters has reported while quoting Health Minister Claudine Lougue.

The two, a couple, had returned from France and have been quarantined.

This makes the West African country the sixth country in sub-Saharan Africa to report cases of the virus amid a growing global epidemic.

ALSO READ: Italy says coronavirus lockdown may need to be extended

Nigeria, South Africa, Cameroon, Togo and Senegal have all confirmed cases. In North Africa, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco have also confirmed cases, with Egypt recording its first death.

So far, more than 4,000 people have died and over 110,000 have been infected by coronavirus worldwide.

China, Italy and South Korea are currently the worst hit.

 

YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES

Senator Shuaibu Returns To APC Secretariat Says I’m Not Sure Oshiomhole Will Heed My Advice

Estranged deputy national chairman, North of the All Progressives Congress, Senator Lawan Shuaibu returned to the party national secretariat on Wednesday. Recall that the national chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole announced the reversal of the suspension of Senator Shuaibu and the… Read full story

 

Covid-19: Lagos Govt To Shut Down Schools From Monday

Lagos State government said it is closing down all public and private schools in the state from Monday, 23rd March 2020 as part of the preventive measures against the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. The State Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folashade Adefisayo, disclosed this in a statement made available to… Read full story

 

FG Reduces Petrol Price To N130 From N145

The Federal Government may have directed the reduction in the petrol price from N145 per litre to about N130. Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, had last week said the government was in consultation with relevant stakeholders on the possibility of reducing the petrol price following the crash… Read full story

 

Coronavirus: Ekiti Govt Confirms Outbreak Of Virus

The Ekiti government, on Wednesday, confirmed that a 38-year man from the state has tested positive for the deadly Coronavirus. The state Commissioner for Health, Dr Mojisola Yaya Kolade, in a statement made available to Tribune Online, said that the victim contracted the virus while driving an American who visited… Read full story

 

NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

You might also like
Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More