BREAKING: Egypt confirms first coronavirus case, says affected person is foreigner

Egypt confirmed on Friday its first coronavirus case and said the affected person was a foreigner who had been put into isolation at hospital.

The health ministry said in a statement that it had immediately informed the World Health Organization and had taken all necessary preventative measures. It did not give the nationality of the affected person or any other details.

The health ministry said in a statement that it had immediately informed the World Health Organization and had taken all necessary preventative measures.

It did not give the nationality of the affected person or any other details.

ALSO READ: London subway could be breeding ground for coronavirus ― UK doctors

The individual has been placed in quarantine.

Egypt is believed to be the 28th country to record a case of the killer virus and it is the first in Africa.

Experts and African leaders have expressed concern that should the virus spread to the continent, it could wreak havoc among less developed countries with fewer health resources.

More than 64,000 cases of coronavirus have been diagnosed around the world and 1,363 people have died.

Details later…

Comments