I’m not quitting acting, singing —Actress Sandra Nchonu
Award-winning Nigerian-born screen diva, singer, writer and business tycoon, Sandra Nchonu, has debunked the rumour that she may quit acting.
Saturday Tribune learnt that Sandra, who is admired by her fans for her multi-tasking roles and level of professionalism, said it was a mere rumour that she planned to leave the screen.
Despite her romance with business and other stuffs, Sandra has featured in so many Gallywood/Nollywood movies such as “The king and The prince”, “The return of lord rahl”, “Stolen heart”, “Osina nmo”, “Senegambia Babes”, “The Beginning and The Ending”.
The Ebonyi State-born actress, due to her dexterity and attitude she always displays during acting, has featured in “Backway”, a movie sponsored by the ex-president of the republic of the Gambia, Yayah Jammeh.
While debunking the rumour, the two-time best script writer in Gambia awardee said: “You have just heard from the horse’s mouth. I don’t even know where such rumour came from, but I heard the gist that I was planning to quit acting and focus on other things. This is a mere and watery rumour. I am still very much active in the game.
Acting is in my blood and I am passionate about it. What has earned me accolades isn’t a mistake.
So, I am not planning such, what I am doing right now is putting out superb stories that will change the narrative of Gallywood/Nollywood.
“I am not disputing the fact that I focus on different things apart from acting. I do sing RnB and Afro music and sometimes do sound track to movies; The king and The prince’s sound track was written and sung by me”.
She, said a lot had been prepared for her fans, noting that she was featured in a movie that was premiered recently entitled,”The Bloody Secrets”.