Breaking News in Nigeria Today

Stop fabricating lies, Atiku tells APC, disowns posters circulating in Abuja

Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, has dismissed as “total fabrication” the latest allegation which he said was instigated by the President Muhammadu Buhari campaign that he (Atiku) spent $30,000 to hire a US lobby group to persuade the US Congress to stop the inauguration of President Buhari.

In a reaction to what it called  “shameless lies,” a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday by Paul Ibe.

The Media Adviser maintained that the “latest dirty propaganda” against the former Vice President “didn’t come as a surprise to us because lying has so far become their only bragging rights of competence.”

He explained that “lying has become a culture to the APC administration and therefore, we are not surprised by their latest diversionary allegations.”

The statement added:  “Since Atiku resisted pressure not to go to court, the APC has been behaving like a cat on hot bricks because the outcome of the 2019 elections has exposed and shattered the facade of their dubious integrity.”

According to the statement, “the APC are behaving nervously like a thief living under the fear of being exposed and shamed”, and that “they are now using fake news against Atiku instead of focusing on defending themselves in the court.”

“For a party that has broken the worst record in election rigging, the APC doesn’t have any iota of integrity to be taken seriously by anybody”, the statement added.

The statement further said: “Atiku’s court case has become their biggest burden because it exposes their integrity as a sham, and instead of defending their stolen mandate in court, they are now using fake news to divert public attention from the historic electoral heist they have committed against Nigerians.”

ALSO READ: Nigeria can only take its rightful place in comity of nations if ― US Consulate

The statement added that no amount of diversionary propaganda and fake news campaign by APC will stop Atiku Abubakar from continuing the court action he started to reclaim the stolen mandate.

Meanwhile, the PDP presidential candidate has disowned posters of him in circulation.

In a separate statement by Ibe, the former Vice President noted that the campaign season is over, saying: “The tainted electoral victory by the incumbent is being challenged in court.

“We refuse to be distracted, which is exactly the objective of our opponents, but to remain focused on diligently pursuing our election petition with a view to retrieving the stolen mandate.”

Loading...

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More