A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Edo State, Kenneth Imasuangbon, has called on all members of the party to close ranks for the purpose of winning the presidency in the next year’s general election.
Imasuangbon said the party needed unity of purpose to win majority seats in the National Assembly.
Speaking shortly after he was elected as Esan South East Local Government Area of Edo State national delegate of the PDP, the members across the country to take advantage of the failures of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to secure a landslide victory at the polls.
Imasuangbon told Nigerians to punish the APC with their votes for bringing hunger, deaths, and a high cost of living in the past eight years.
He said it was irresponsible of some political appointees to remain in office while seeking elective offices.
According to him, “This is the time for the PDP to be united. We cannot allow ourselves to be blinded by individual ambition to lose the bigger fish which is getting the party back to the villa.
“Nigerians are tired of the APC. The failure of the APC across all sectors is a pointer to the fact that we need unity in the PDP.
“I am calling on all APC political appointees to resign immediately including. Their continuous stay in office against dictates of the electoral act and an insult to the generality of Nigerians.”
Imansuagbon popularly referred to as the ‘riceman’ scored 156 votes against the 50 votes scored by his opponent, Giwa Agbonmere, to win the national delegate slot.
IN CASE YOU MISSED THESE FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
- Revealed! Details Of South-West APC Leaders Meeting With Presidential Aspirants
- Supreme Court Has Cleared Civil Servants To Participate In Politics, Falana Tells FG
- Battle For New Alaafin Begins As Ruling Houses Insist On Producing Next Oba
- Court Admits More Evidence Against Alleged Fake Army General, Bolarinwa
- I’m Every Man’s Choice Now, My DM Is Crazy —Eniola Badmus
- It Is Now Bye To Decency: Crazy Fashion Trends At Owambe Parties