It has been said that if we eat healthy, we will make food our drugs and will not have to make drugs our food. But it is not easy to eat healthy all the time. However, there’s one fruit you simply must eat every day to stay strong and fit. It is banana! Unknown to many, bananas are useful in treating numerous ailments. Eating two of this fruit daily keeps a number of diseases at bay.
These are some of the benefits of daily consumption of bananas.
- Energy – Eating a banana or two before a workout gives you enough energy to last an hour or more. The low glycemic carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals all support your body increase endurance, while potassium helps to prevent muscle cramps.
- Depression: They can help overcome depression because they have high levels of tryptophan, which our bodies convert into serotonin. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that makes people relax, feel happy, and improves mood. Thus, bananas can help people feel better and beat depression.
- Blood Pressure: Bananas help to lower blood pressure and protect against stroke or heart attack because they are low in sodium and high in potassium, making them a heart healthy food.
- Constipation: If you are clogged up, eat a few bananas. They have enough fiber in them to stimulate regular bowel movements and provide natural relief for constipation.
- Anemia: They can help those with anemia by providing much needed dietary iron, which stimulates red blood cell and hemoglobin production and strengthens the blood supply.
- Nerves or PMS: When you’re feeling moody and stressed, eat a banana. It helps to regulate blood sugar and is rich in B vitamins, which naturally calm the nervous system and make people relax, resulting in an overall improved mood.
- Ulcers: Bananas can be eaten without having to worry about whether or not they’ll cause pain. That’s because their smooth, soft, mushy texture coats the stomach lining and protects it against corrosive acids and irritation.
- Temperature control: Eating a banana on a hot day can cool you off by lowering your body temperature. The same is true for it you have a fever.
- Heartburn: Bananas are nature’s anti-acid and can provide relief from heartburn and acid reflux. Eating just one banana can immediately bring soothing relief and lessen your heartburn symptoms.
If you feel like you’re not in the best health and you need to start eating better, the humble banana is the right place to start.