The erstwhile Commissioner IV in the Ogun State Civil Service Commission, Mr Oluwole Olubena, has said that he was still in the dark over his sack by the state government, last week.
Olubena, in a statement made available to the Nigerian Tribune, on Sunday, in Abeokuta, said he was never issued a query or invited to face any disciplinary committee before his sack on the ground of misconduct.
Nigerian Tribune recalls that government in a terse statement announced that Olubena had been relieved of his appointment.
The embattled Olubena denied any “misconduct” on his part in the cause of discharging his duty in the service.
He also raised the alarm that his life was being threatened by some people believed to be agents of government and that he had since reported the move to the police for necessary action.
Olubena said, “To clear all doubt, I conceived it a duty to put the entire public in the know that before the publication of the news of my sack for ‘misconduct’, I have never received any query or invitation to appear before any panel of enquiry to present my case as provided by the rules of Natural Justice.
“I still remain in the dark as to what I have done in my official capacity that resulted into allegation of misconduct.”
Reacting to the allegation of threat to life, the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Taiwo Adeoluwa, denied Olubela’s allegation and described his position as uncharitable.
Adeoluwa, in a telephone conversation restated that government had the power to hire and fire.
“The law is clear. We have the power to hire and fire. This government has shown clearly we are peaceful; it is uncharitable to say this government is after one’s life.
“I am surprised that anybody in the state would claim that there is threat to his life.
“He has right to go to court. He should not drag the state to the old days where there was no security of lives,” the SSG added.