I’m fine now, Shekau tells army in new video

•You’re mentally sick, Army replies  him  •Troops kill 22 terrorists, lose 4 soldiers

Abubakar Shekau, leader of the Boko Haram, has released a new video claiming he is “fine now” after being struck by the Nigerian army in an air raid.

On August 23, the army had claimed that Shekau was “fatally injured on his shoulder” in the air raid.

“In what one could describe as the most unprecedented and spectacular air raid, we have just confirmed that as a result of the interdiction efforts of the Nigerian Air Force, some key leaders of the Boko Haram terrorists have been killed while others were fatally wounded,” Sani Usman, spokesman of the army, said in a s tatement.

“The air interdiction took place last week Friday, August 19, 2016, while the terrorists were performing Friday rituals at Taye village, Gombale general area, within Sambisa forest, Borno State.

“Those Boko Haram terrorists commanders confirmed dead included Abubakar Mubi, Malam Nuhu and Mallam Hamman, amongst others, while their leader, the so-called ‘Abubakar Shekau’, is believed to be fatally wounded on his shoulders. Several other terrorists were also wounded.”

On September 14, Boko Haram released a video of its “Eid-el-Kabir prayer,” which did not feature Shekau. In it, the group threatened to capture President Muhammadu Buhari, whom it described as “leader of the entire infidels.”

However, in the new video clip released on Sunday, Shekau said with God, he was fully prepared against the Nigerian armed forces.

He reiterated that to secure the Chibok girls’ freedom, the Federal Government should release its members dead or alive.

Meanwhile, the Army, on Sunday, said the latest video by Boko Haram showed beyond all reasonable doubt the earlier suspicion that the purported factional terrorists’ group leader, Abubakar Shekau, was mentally sick and unstable.

It said the ranting was also another sign that the end was near for him.

The army,  in a statement by the army spokesman, Colonel Sani Usman, insisted that Boko Haram terrorism as it was known, was gone for good and that the army was already counting down to the day when all the few remnants would be totally wiped out or brought to justice.

He said army took note of the fact that the purported leader of the group, in his usual insane manner, made all sorts of assertions to the point of threatening various towns, groups and individuals.

Usman urged Nigerians, especially the residents of Maiduguri, Kano, Kaduna and Zaria, not to panic, as the army had “more than what it takes to defend them and deal decisively with the remnants of the terrorists group.”

He said: “The Nigerian Army wishes to assure the public that they should not be bothered by the contents of the video clip. This is because the facts on the ground speak for themselves.

“It is public knowledge that the military has been making concerted efforts to clear the remnants of the terrorists and rescue all persons held hostage by them, especially the abducted Chibok Secondary School girls. This is a task that will be accomplished, no matter how long it takes.

“We are determined in this regards. Already thousands of persons have been rescued by troops from the terrorists.

“The video has further shown that he has derailed and no longer believes and practices the Islam he professes to follow;  as he was absent at the last Eid prayers video. It is equally reported that he could not even lead prayers. The public should not be fooled by this individual.”

In another development,  the Nigerian Army said it repelled terrorists attack at Logomani on Dikwa-Gambarou road in Borno State, on Sunday and killed 22 of them.

A statement issued by Colonel Sani Usman, the acting Director, Army Public Relations, however, said four soldiers died in the attack and their riffles missing, while two others sustained injuries.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Usman said the attack came in three waves with the terrorists, using 36 hand Grenades and Rocket Propelled Launchers.

He said the troops recovered two AK-47 Rifles, one FN Rifle, one G3 Rifle and 36 hand grenades after about an hour.

“The location have been reinforced and replenished while the troops have continued their clearance operations,” Usman said. (