IBEDC staff electrocuted in Ilorin

A technical staff with the lbadan Electricity Distribution Company (lBEDC) in llorin was electrocuted on Thursday evening.

Eyewitnesses told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in llorin that the deceased, Rasheed Garna, was electrocuted while carrying out repair work on a damaged breaker in llorin.

The eyewitnesses said the incident happened at the lBEDC transmission station at the Sawmill area of llorin.

Scores of symphatisers were sighted at the residence of the deceased located at Egbejila in Ilorin.

Some of his neighbours, who spoke with NAN, said the deceased had just moved to his new house during the Ramadan.

lBEDC Communication Manager, Mr Ayodeji Bada, while confirming the incident to NAN in llorin on Friday said the deceased was electrocuted while on official assignment.

Bada described Garna as a dedicated staff and a complete gentleman.

He said Garna was in the team carrying out repair work on a damaged breaker which had thrown residents of the area into darkness for over a week.

Bada, who described the incident as unfortunate, commiserated with the family of the deceased.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Kwara, Mr Ajayi Okasanmi, also confirmed the incident to NAN on Friday.