13 killed in renewed Southern Kaduna attack

Kaduna State governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has condemned the renewed attack in Southern Kanuda where 13 people were killed at the weekend.
The governor’s condemnation was contained in a statement issued by his spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, on Monday.
The governor condoled with the families  of the victims and urged  security agencies  to redouble their efforts in fishing out the culprits and bring them to justice.
He called on  communities in the area to support the military who would soon embark on a special operation in the area to flush out the bandits from their hide outs, to ensure that the exercise is successful.
The statement said  “agencies responsible for emergency services had  been directed to offer relief to victims of the attack.
“The governor requested support from communities to the security agencies as the Nigerian Army gets set to commence a major operation tagged ‘Operation Harbin Kunama II’, including assisting the Nigerian Army with vital information that could aid a successful clampdown on elements responsible for this terror attacks on our citizens” the statement ‎urged. ‎
Suspected armed bandits had, at the weekend, killed 13 people  in Asso village of  Kagoma chiefdom of  Jama’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
A reliable  source told the Nigerian Tribune that the attack took place about 7:30 pm on Saturday.
Finding gathered that the bandits invaded the village in a commando style and started shooting sporadically killing 13 people in the process, while several others sustained serious injuries.
Source revealed that the attackers were heavily armed, adding that the operation lasted for about 30 minutes without any help from  the security agencies deployed to the area in December last year to stop the persistent killings.
loading...